The LIMA (Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition) 2017 maritime and aerospace exhibition for defence, civil and commercial applications will be held next month in Langkawi, Malaysia.
The biennial event will be held between 21st and 25th March 2017 will be held at The Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre, Langkawi for the Aerospace exhibition and Resorts World, Langkawi for the Maritime exhibition. This year will be the 14th edition of LIMA and it promises to be as spectacular as always. There will be something for everyone – whether you are an aviation geek or a maritime enthusiast.
The highlight of the five day event will of course be the daily aerial displays and boat demonstrations.
The list of confirmed participants for the aerial displays this year is as follows:
- SU-30 MKM Royal Malaysian Air Force
- F/A-18D Royal Malaysian Air Force
- Hawk 108/208 Royal Malaysian Air Force
- A400M Royal Malaysian Air Force
- PC 7 MKII Royal Malaysian Air Force
- KT-1B (Jupiter) Tentara Nasional Indonesia Angkatan Udara
- HAL Dhruvs Indian Air Force (Sarang Aerobatic Team)
- KAI – T50B Republic of Korea Air Force(Black Eagle)
- Gripen Royal Thai Air Force
- Rafale France Air Force
- B-1B (Fly Pass) United States Air Force
- Airbus 380 (Fly Pass) Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB)
- Airbus 330 Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB)
- Super Lynx Royal Malaysian Navy
- Fennec Royal Malaysian Navy
- CL-415 Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency
- Agusta AW 139 Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency
- Dauphin AS365 Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency
- AS 355 Royal Malaysian Police
Source: LIMA Exhibition Official Website
As you can see from the line-up above, it looks like a power-packed display this year. It will be exciting to see the Royal Malaysian Air Force birds in action, as well as the Airbus A330 & A380s from Malaysia Airlines. The USAF B-1B Lancer fly past also promises to be an exciting event.
I am also looking forward to seeing the Indian Air Force Sarang Aerobatic Team in action with their brightly coloured HAL Dhruv helicopters. I last saw them in action two years ago at Aero India 2015 in Bangalore, India.
Look forward to more updates soon!